Art Gallery Manager
Working with the Women’s Center Director and Program Coordinator, the Art Gallery Manager would help organize and set up art shows at the Women’s Center. You’ll gain experience in visual culture aesthetics, outreach, and organizing skills. We ask for a 3-month minimum time commitment of 5-7 hours per month.
- Work with WC Director and Program Coordinator to schedule art shows and artist’s receptions.
- Help facilitate annual art exhibits like Children’s Art Show, Art of Healing etc.
- Develop & maintain info/flyers about art show space that outreaches to UCSC students.
- Recruit student, staff, faculty, and community artists for art exhibits.
- Work with artists to coordinate the installation and take down of art exhibits.
- Help answer questions and requests regarding art shows.
- Attend monthly WC staff meeting.
Who we’re looking for in this position:
- Someone who has experience/interest and enjoys art.
- Ability and interest in working with diverse communities.
- Someone able to make the time commitment.